Interesting Facts & Statistics
- Sacramento covers a total area of 100.105 square miles, with 97.915 square miles being covered by land, and 2.190 square miles being covered by water.
- Sacramento consists of 45% Whites, 14.6% African Americans, 18.3% Asian Americans, and 22.1% other races
- Major corporations headquartered in Sacramento include Blue Diamond Growers, The McClatchy Company, Sutter Health, Aerojet, Teichert, and other notable companies.
- There are 28 library branches in the greater Sacramento area.
- Sacramento is served by 5 public school districts.
- Sacramento has 6 nicknames that include SAC-Town, River City, Sacto, SAC, America’s Most Diverse City, and Camellia City of the World.
Current Events & Attractions in Sacramento
- California State Railroad Museum
- California State Capitol and Museum
- Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament
- California Automobile Museum
- Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park
- Fairytale Town, Sacramento Zoo, and Tower Bridge
- Sacramento Theatre Company
- Loch Leven Lakes Trail & the Shepard Garden and Arts Center
- Discovery Museum Science & Space Center
- The Sacramento Park System has been recognized for Being the #3 Park System in the Nation Out of All Metropolitan Park Systems.
- American River Parkway
Sacramento Community Statistics
- Sacramento has a population of 2,082,670, with 760,698 households
- 50.4% of residents in Sacramento are childless, whereas 49.6% have children that are 18 and under
- There are 37% renters in Sacramento, compared to 63% of those who own their homes.
- Rental vacancy rates in Sacramento are 7%.
- The median age is 34.8 years old
- Median household income is $61,087 in Sacramento, compared to $52,175 for all adult U.S. Residents
- Per capita income is $29,278 locally, compared to $27,466 for all adult U.S. Residents
- The median home value in Sacramento is $390,500
- 74% of all housing in Sacramento is valued at $300,000 or more
- 87% of Sacramento residents have a high school diploma, and 30% of residents have a 4 year college degree.
Sacramento Rental Statistics
- In 2014, the average monthly rent amount in Sacramento was $1,301 per month for a 3 bedroom single family home, and $788 for a 1 bedroom apartment.
- 23% of Sacramento residents pay 30% or more of their annual household income in rent.
- As of 2013, 37% of Sacramento residents were renters, compared to 36.98% of renters in the U.S.
- Owner average household size is 2.76 people, compared to 2.56 for renters
- The rent to price ratio in Sacramento is 0.3%.